Co-Browsing: A New Tech Way of Customer Engagement Collaboratively!
In order to make successful inroads into the business world, it is important to continuously look for advancements in customer service tools to accomplish the prospect of customer's satisfaction. Co-Browsing is one such emerging tool in the service industry that is surely going to be a game changer in the market.
Co-browsing enables agent to have a visual representation of the customer's view of the website and the agent can securely assist the customer by co-navigating the website. The agent and the customer are on the same section of the website, thus enabling agents to trace customers online journey and help them in solving their queries, filling out forms, overlaying documents in real time. The significant benefit is for those customers who are stuck, confused or frustrated with an online process and need a human help for further assistance. Not only does it put a positive imprint on the customer's mindset towards a particular brand but the organization is able to capture the prospect at right moment to transform them into satisfied customer.
Co-Browsing makes Online Shopping all the more Engaging, Easy and Hassle-Free!
Now, let us take an example to understand what co-browsing is in a better way.
For instance, a person is doing an online shopping on a fashion portal. She/He is confused about the fitting of an outfit. So, with co-browsing technique, without moving away from the website or the browsing page, the customer can interact with company's representative (along with chat, audio or video call options). On the same browsing page, the representative can guide her/him(where to click, where to read & where to go) with sizing guidelines. They tell you about sizing guide for different countries and also the various color option which are present in the particular outfit. She/He can then easily go ahead with the purchase, after the queries have been resolved.
The customer's loyalty is achieved within no time and without putting them in unnecessary hassles.
Buying a Plan or a Policy!
One unsatisfactory or disapproving customer review about your product or service possesses the capability to affect your purchase decisions and hence the bottom line!
Taking another instance where a customer has to buy a plan or a policy.
- The customer is searching for the best policy plan he can have, the one which suits all his requirements but confusion creeps in and he does not know which will be the best plan for him.
- Now here comes the role of a representative to do "co-browsing with you"
- The customer can simply send a message through the website and start a conversation with the Subject Matter Expert in no time, available to assist you,
- After that, the expert runs the customer through all the plans and customer zeroes down on the best one.
- Moreover, the expert also helps in basic form filling and here we go!
Bingo the policy is bought by customer then and there!
Facts and Figures of Co-Browsing :
A report has been submitted by Aberdeen group (an American technology and Services Company), "Co-Browsing : The Gateway to Happy Customers and Better Financial Results." The analysis shows, "co-browsing is helping companies accomplish far greater annual improvement in customer satisfaction scores, compared to companies without this technology. (5.1% vs 1.4%)."
Moreover, the same report shows that a company with $10 million in annual support costs could save $280,000 each year by deploying co-browsing and enjoy a 10% greater agent utilization rate as compared to those without it. (65% vs 59%)
Talking in terms of revenue growth, firms with co-browsing enjoy 61% greater year-over-year growth in annual company revenue compared to all others (10.0% vs 6.2%).
Source : A Research by Aberdeen Group
Inevitably, this is going to revolutionize the business landscape entirely, by empowering both the customers as well as the organizations.
Free Download: Learn how to make your business communications effective and borderless with our UCC solutions.
An Insight into the same analysis shows that :
1. Co-browsing users enjoy a superior year-over-year performance gain results.
2. The agents must be adequately trained so that they are completely able to diagnose and resolve the clients queries. Moreover, they must walk in accordance with the evolving co-browsing techniques and technologies.
A continuous enhancement in the agents skills puts a thoughtful impression when they deal with the customers. Moreover, deploying knowledge management systems also helps the agents to quickly and accurately respond to the customers needs in case they need any additional information that is beyond the domain of knowledge of the agent.
Industries/ Verticals where this concept of co-browsing can be used and will prove to be much beneficial :
1. Online Banking and financial services
2. Travel and Tourism
3. Real Estate/Investment/Wealth Management
6. Technical Support
Benefits of co-browsing :
- Customer satisfaction and loyalty reaches an enhanced level,
- Heightened scope of up-selling and cross-selling,
- Be it B2B or B2C interaction, co-browsing has always come to play its part, to provide mountain-top customer service
- Increased first contact resolution rate
- Assistance in navigation which leads to reduced error rate in customer transactions,
- Gets readily integrated into the existing technology infrastructure
- Online transactions and e-commerce sales receive a break-through increase
- Increase in adoption rate and more intensive use of on-line products and services
- Reduced customer service costs
In today's scenario, customer service is considered a priority. A satisfied customer becomes an advocate for your brand name. They are the building blocks of a booming business. Co-browsing is that medium which helps the customers to become these blocks, with its advanced capabilities.